What You'll Learn
- The FirstLook® Initiative offers homebuyers the opportunity to buy a home without competition from investors
- Freddie Mac is committed to having the best property maintenance standards in the country
- It’s easy to search for a HomeSteps® Home
One of the first places you may want to begin your home search is with Freddie Mac's HomeSteps, the real estate sales unit of Freddie Mac. HomeSteps offers all types of homes for sale across the country.
HomeSteps First Look
The Freddie Mac First Look® Initiative offers homebuyers the opportunity to purchase a HomeSteps home prior to competition from investors. Learn more about the First Look Initiative.
The HomeSteps Difference
One of the ways HomeSteps assists you in buying a clean and well-maintained home is by requiring the supplier network to adhere to the HomeSteps Good Neighbor Practices, which are designed to support and protect neighborhood values.
Finding a HomeSteps Home
- Search HomeSteps listings. If you don't find the right one right away, set up a search to receive weekly emails about new homes that match your search criteria.
- For more details or to see a home, work with your real estate agent to get more information and arrange a viewing, or contact the listing agent identified on the property.
- Making an offer on a HomeSteps home is similar to buying any home. Check out the process.
HomeSteps offers all types of homes, from single-family to condominiums
HomeSteps offers you an opportunity to buy a home without competition from investors
Making an offer on a HomeSteps home is similar to making an offer on any home