When you reach out to your lender for help, it’s important that you’re fully prepared and have your financial documentation organized and at your side.
Documents to have ready
- Your most recent mortgage statement
- Pay stubs or other documents showing your household's monthly pre-tax income
- Most recent tax return
- Second loan or home equity line of credit statements
- Account balances and minimum monthly payments on credit cards, car loans, student loans, and other debt
- A short description of the financial hardship that is causing – or leading to – a mortgage delinquency with supporting proof
It's recommended that you have a monthly budget prepared to show how you’re spending your money.