Skip to Content

Is my apartment building financed by Freddie Mac?

Renters may use our property search tool to find out if they live in a property that has a mortgage loan purchased or securitized by Freddie Mac.

Tenants who live in a property with a mortgage loan purchased or securitized by Freddie Mac may be eligible for certain tenant protections.

These protections could include:

  • Protection from eviction solely for nonpayment of rent
  • Giving the tenant at least a 30-day notice to vacate
  • Not charging the tenant late fees or penalties for nonpayment of rent
  • Allowing the tenant flexibility to repay back rent over time and not in a lump sum

The protections that apply may include protections under the CARES Act, under state or local law, or if the property is in “forbearance” (a type of agreement between a lender and your landlord).

To better understand the protections and assistance that may be available, please visit

Search Instructions

The street address on file for a property or community may be different from a renter's mailing addresses. When entering a property or community address, try using the street address of the building (for single building properties), the leasing office, the clubhouse, or the community. Alternatively, try searching by zip code to see a list of properties instead.

All Fields Required

If you are unsure of your property or community name, or if you live in a 1-4 unit single-family rental property, enter the street address of the property or community in both the property name and street address fields.

Five Digit (Format: #####).


Five Digit (Format: #####).