Whether you're hoping to buy a home or struggling to pay your mortgage, Freddie Mac's Borrower Help Centers and Borrower Help Network offer you trustworthy, one–on–one help.
There are currently Borrower Help Centers located in Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, New York, and the Washington, DC metropolitan area. And, the Borrower Help Network toll–free call–in help line supports areas not covered by a Borrower Help Center.
In person or by telephone, HUD–approved counselors can help you navigate a path toward successful homeownership — or, if needed, toward a dignified transition to other housing. All counseling sessions are confidential.
So, how can our counselors help you?
- Educate you on managing your finances using Freddie Mac's CreditSmart® curriculum.
- Offer you guidance on buying a home and prepare you for successful homeownership.
- Assess your financial situation and help you understand the options for resolving your mortgage–related challenges.
- Assist you in applying for a mortgage modification or other solution.
- Act as a liaison with your servicer to help smooth the application process.
Find the Freddie Mac Borrower Help Center near you or call the national Freddie Mac Borrower Help Network at (877) 300–4179.